Thursday, June 27, 2013

The (Best) Shirt

I mentioned in a previous post that I saw a lady at the airport wearing A Tree Grows in Brooklyn shirt, and I approached her and told her how much I loved the book. Well, my awesome mother bought the shirt for me! I love it, and I've gotten lots of compliments (some from people who haven't even read the book). And, since this post is about A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, I might as well include a nice quote from it, don't you think:

"Those were the Rommely women: Mary, the mother, Evy, Sissy, and Katie, her daughters, and Francie, who would grow up to be a Rommely woman even though her name was Nolan. They were all slender, frail creatures with wondering eyes and soft fluttery voices.

But they were made out of thin invisible steel."

Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment