Friday, October 5, 2012

My Kind of Town!

Last week, I went to Chicago, home of Maud Martha and landing station to many Great Migrators, to visit my friend Alex. We had a blast! We visited the Art Institute, and stayed there for hours. We learned that your ticket is good until the museum closes, so we went to the museum in the morning, left to have lunch, and came back to see more art. It is a stupendous museum. We also went on a Chicago architecture tour. I loved seeing the old Montgomery Ward buildings (my family used to be big fans of the Montgomery Ward catalog; I have a Montgomery Ward blanket that’s probably older than me, and is in great condition!). We also stopped by the Chicago Children’s Museum, where I took the picture above, a replica of Willis Tower (that’s its proper name, but it will always be Sears Tower to me).

P.S. I decided to read Sense and Sensibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment